Today I’m going to share with you my two favorite Margarita recipes – 1 on the rocks and 1 frozen.
On the Rocks
2 Shots of Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila (don’t waste money on Patron – JC tastes the same in a mixed drink)
1 Shot of Grand Marinier (I use Grand Gala Orange Liqueur)
3 Shots of Jose Cuervo Original Margarita Mix
1 Lime squeezed
Mix the above ingredients into a shaker with a glass full of ice. Shake for about 15-20 shakes. Rub lime wedge around rim and dip into margarita salt (I prefer a salted rim). Pour and enjoy!
(Follow these instructions to a T!)
- Sample Jose Cuervo Gold tequila to ensure quality
- Fill blender ¾ with ice ( I prefer crushed)
- Sample tequila again to make sure it hasn’t gone bad.
- Empty 6oz of of Minutemaid Limeaid into blender. Do not substitute another brand for Minutemaid! It makes a difference.
- Fill Limeaid can with Gold tequila and empty into blender
- Sample tequila again. Make sure it is still good.
- Fill Limeaid can 2/3 full with Triple Sec and pour into blender
- Blend and sample
- Cut lime wedges
- For salted rim, rub lime wedge around rim and dip into margarita salt.
- Pour into glass and sample repeatedly to check quality.
- Pour other glasses to share with guest(s) if you have to.